Farnham Beekeepers will have a stall at events marked with *
- Thursday 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th August Activity Thursdays at the Rural Life Centre *
- Sat and Sun 17th and 18th August Botany for Beginners – NDB short course – Reigate.
- Sat and Sun 24th and 25th August Pollen and Nutrition – NDB short course – Reigate.
- Sunday 8th September Donkey Day at the Rural Life Centre
- Sunday 15th September Classic Vehicle Rally at the Rural Life Centre
Apiary Dates for members
There is a members meeting every Saturday 2pm at the Rural Life Centre in Tilford. Apiary meetings with tea and chat. All welcome.
- 18th August NO MEETING – WEYFEST
- TBC September Asian Hornet Week
- Mid September Weekly apiary meetings typically finish in mid-September.
Winter meetings take place on the first Sunday of the month.
- 6th October Winter apiary meeting, 2 pm
- 3rd November Winter apiary meeting, 2 pm
- 8th December Winter apiary meeting, 2 pm
Our monthly winter talks are held on Fridays, at the Tilford Institute GU10 2BU where there is ample parking. Talks begin at 7.30 followed by questions and refreshments.
Friday 11th Oct Bob Smith Managing varroa
“Varroa has been a serious problem for UK beekeepers since it arrived in 1992 and much effort has gone into keeping it under control. After many years with few treatment options, there are now 15 Approved Varroacides and some effective husbandry methods too.
How do we choose between all of these? Have we settled into a non-optimum routine? This talk explores all of the options and seeks to steer you to current best practice.”
More details of talks in 2020 to follow
Friday 17th Jan 2020 A trio of in-house speakers
Friday 7th Feb Rob Nickless from Meadow Honey Farm Safe Movement of Honey Bees
Friday 13th March Roger Patterson Keeping control of your colony numbers
Other events for members
Saturday 9th November 2019 The FBKA AGM at Tilford Institute
Saturday 7th December 2019 The SBKA AGM at South Farnham School